Oil, for greasing
500g Mortons Coarse Wholemeal Flour
½ tsp salt
1 x 7g sachet of fast-action dried yeast
2 tsp maple syrup
480ml warm water
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Grease a 900g loaf tin with oil.
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl. Stir in the salt and yeast.
- In a jug, dissolve the maple syrup and in the warm water. Stir into the dry ingredients until the mixture forms a wet, sticky dough.
- Transfer to the prepared loaf tin. Cover with a clean tea towel and leave to rise for 20 minutes.
- Bake for 40 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing.